Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington
Partner, Business Risk
- Chartered Accountant (CA) of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors
Murray heads Grant Thornton New Zealand’s Business Risk services and has over 20 years management experience delivering audit, assurance, risk and process improvement assignments in New Zealand and internationally.
Murray’s experience includes the private commercial, public and government owned sectors. During his career he has:
- Managed, co-sourced and outsourced internal audit relationships at a variety of clients and sectors including Telecommunications, Electricity Utilities, District Health Boards, Government Ministries, Education, Banking, Agriculture and Primary Production. These assignments included a range of execution arrangements as well as joint client/external teams
- Led probity reviews and acted as a probity adviser to a number of clients in the Health, Education and Energy sectors
- Facilitated risk and process improvement workshops at a number of clients in the Health, Education, Primary Production and Government sectors
- Planned, executed and reported on internal audits and process improvement assignments at a wide variety of clients encompassing financial, operational, clinical, governance and strategic processes
Murray is an active follower of most sports, particularly those played by his children, and has been actively involved in both coaching and administering children’s sport for a number of years.